dinsdag 18 augustus 2009
Rules of Cricket for Dummies
People sometimes complain that the rules of cricket are difficult to understand. This is of course not true. But still, a bit of simplification has never hurt anybody:
Start: you have 2 teams in the game, one is out in the field and one in.
1. Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.
2. When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.
p.s. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. This should not worry you too much.
3. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.
4. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
5. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!